B.B. King is the undisputed master of the blues. He is the ultimate blues musician and a player to whom every modern blues guitarist owes a considerable debt. He changed the way that guitarists played the blues and had a profound impact on guitarists like Peter Green, Eric Clapton and John Mayer – amongst countless others.
Here is everything you need to know about this course and answers to some of the most frequently asked questions:
What Will I Learn?
This course covers everything you need to play and sound like B.B. King. You will learn the key rhythm and lead guitar techniques that B.B. King used to create his signature sound, as well as details on the gear that helped King craft his beautiful blues tones. The full details of the course are outlined at the bottom of this page.
What Do I Get?
- An initial 30 minute consultation call
- 5 x 1 hour Zoom guitar lessons
- Printable PDF resources for all material covered
- Unlimited WhatsApp and email support for any questions you have
How Does It Work?
- You book in your 30 minute consultation call. This gives us a chance to connect and to establish exactly what you want to get out of the course. Although there are set materials and modules (which you will receive following the initial call), the information we run through on the call allows me to understand the key areas you want to improve. This will ensure you get the most out of our time working together.
- You receive your first course materials and start learning to play like The King Of The Blues!
- We book in your lessons based on how quickly you want to complete the course, and the frequency that works for you.
How Long Does The Course Take To Complete?
If you are looking to improve as quickly as possible, I recommend that we have our 1-2-1 lessons weekly. At this rate you will complete the course in just over a month.
If you are super busy and don’t have as much time to practice, then we can have our 1-2-1 lessons fortnightly. This keeps you focused and keeps the momentum going, whilst also giving you enough time to work through the material. At this rate you will compete the course in 10-12 weeks.
What Makes This Course Different?
There are 2 things that make this course unique:
1.) You get the support you need. I know what it is like trying to learn from Youtube videos and online courses. They can work really well until the moment you have a question or you get stuck. Then you have to start searching online for the answers. It is frustrating, and a waste of time. And crucially, it stops you from getting the results you want.
With this course, you can reach out to me whenever you need. If you have a question, just send me an email or a WhatsApp and I’m happy to help. During our 1-2-1 lessons, we can deep dive into your technique, playing and any areas of the course you want to address to keep you on track and continually progressing.
2.) You get ALL of the information you need. This isn’t a course where you just learn a few licks or chords. This course will give you everything you need to play like B.B. King. From his sweet and melodic soloing style, to his chord and rhythm playing, to his philosophy and approach to playing. Nothing will be left out here.
What Happens If I Don’t Like The Course?
You are going to love this course and get a huge amount out of it. If you commit and push yourself, you will transform your playing. But just to reassure you and put your mind at ease, if by the end of the course you are not completely satisfied with your progress, I will give you a full refund.
I want you to enjoy this process and get a huge amount out of it. And the very last thing I want is for you to feel like you’ve wasted your money and time on something that didn’t give you the results you want.
What Do You Need From Me?
You won’t get what you want from this course if you don’t commit to it. I know that it can be difficult to find the time to practice every day. But you won’t sound like B.B. King by just noodling for 5 minutes every now and again. The more practice you can do, the better. But at least 30 minutes per day (or 3.5 hours per week – split into a minimum of 3 sessions) is what you need to commit to for this course.
How Do I Know If This Course Is Right For Me?
I would recommend this course if you:
- Love B.B. King and want to learn everything you need to add his soft and melodic feel to your playing
- Want to learn techniques and tricks that will help you improve across all areas of your playing
- Have hit a rut in your playing, and want a clearly defined goal and time frame to give you a renewed focus
Who Is The Happy Bluesman?
My name is Aidan, the Happy Bluesman. I have been playing guitar for the last 15 years and have been playing and studying the style of B.B. King intently for the last 4 or 5 years.
I learnt the blues by studying guitarists like Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eric Clapton. These are amazing players who taught me so much. But in more recent years I fell in love with B.B. King’s soft, sophisticated and melodic style. He was an incredible guitarist who can teach us so many of the skills that are fundamental to being a good blues guitarist.
Studying these and implementing them in your own playing will do so much to develop you as a blues guitarist and a musician.
Really looking forward to working with you!
I Still Have A Few Questions…
No problem! If there is anything more that you want to know about this service, or about me – just send me an email on [email protected] We can arrange a totally free, no obligation call and I can answer any further questions you have.